Lets Go Boating

Sharing Boating Experiences on the Water...the most interactive boating site on the web NEW CONTENT DAILY

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > I am NEW to Georgian Bay! HELP!!!!! lolol

maccafan

Hello Everyone!  I am a fairly new green horn boater a bit...and very new to Georgian Bay and crusing type of boating....I have owned 

4 boats now including the 27foot I just bought but I have only boated on Georgian Bay between Collingwood and Wasaga...  Nowwww I will

be cruising out of Midland and...could use all the tips and advice and stories of adventures as quickly as possible! lolol  Cannot wait to talk

to fellow boaters.  So..fire away your best adventure and boating typcials so I can begin to learn!  I am sooooo excited my wife and I....

We live in Wasaga Beach.   I am 56. but eager to learn and hear from all of you...comments, tips, advice, stories, welcome!  Thanks, Tim

--

Boating is...."KNOT TOO SHABBY!"

:)

December 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Capt. Joe

Slow down, stay in the channels, plan your arrivals in unfamiliar waters for high sun angles so you can clearly see the markers (notwithstanding where the little boat is on your plotter!), keep on top of your navigational skills at all times, don't drink while under way - not much else can be said in general, but those points should keep you off the rocks anyway.....  :)

--
December 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

maccafan
  • um.....whats a marker? LOHOHOAHOAHLAOLOLOL   KIDDING~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    tHANKS cAPT Joe!!!  will do!!!  off the rocks
  • but I take my scotch ON THE ROCKS...  Boating gives ON THE ROCKS a whole new meaning?> lololol
  • I will be staying in the channels for sure...as long as I know which one is a channel! lololol  Anyone able to recommend a 
  • good decent not too expensive chart plotter?   mmmmmmmmm   did notttttttttt want to spend any more money ....was going
  • to get the plotter in 2015....I figure this year I will just scoot to beckwith and beausoleil...I cannot get away without plotter?
  • Tim
--

December 2, 2013 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

nikdee

Carefull if your gonna be around the approach to honeymoon bay on beausoleil island and little dog channel

December 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

maccafan

nikdee at December 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Carefull if your gonna be around the approach to honeymoon bay on beausoleil island and little dog channel

Why water low in that area ?   What size boat you using Nikdee?   Where you boating out of?  How long you beenboating on Georgian?
Whats your favorite spot and why?    I will definitely be going to Beusoleil island..it sounds very popular?

Is there a good link showing me these spots or do I have to wait to buy a chart?

I bought chartplotter but I dont pick it up till April.

Thanks for the tip

Tim

--

January 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.